yield: 12 snacks
- 1 package (16 oz) Vanilla
- 1 package (16 oz) Chocolate
- 24 large marshmallows
(bodies & heads)
- 36 pecan halves (feet)
- 12 round crackers (hat)
- 12 Bugles® (hat)
- Jelly beans or gum drops (arms)
- Fruit rollups & pretzel sticks (broom)
- Oil-Based Green Food Coloring
- Assorted Candies
and Decorative Icings
- Melt Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package. Add green food coloring color coating. Dip 12 marshmallows, one at a time and place on wax paper (heads). Attach small assorted candies as a nose and eyes before the coating dries.
- Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package. On wax paper arrange pecan halves in 12 clusters of 3 to form base (feet) of witches - 2 pecans face forward for the feet and 1 perpendicular across back, so they don't tip over! Dip 12 remaining marshmallows (using a toothpick), one at a time and place one coated marshmallow (bodies) on each pecan cluster.
- Place a dab of Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating on the marshmallow (body), and place the green coated marshmallow (head) on top.
- For the Witch Hats: Dip 12 small round crackers into Chocolate CANDIQUIK®, allowing excess chocolate to run off, and place on wax paper. Immediately dip Bugles® (cone shaped snack chips) in Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating. (A toothpick or tongs work great for dipping the Bugles®) - Place these on top of the coated crackers before dry.
(Optional: Decorate with sprinkles before dry).
- Place another small dab of CANDIQUIK® on the bottom of the witch hat, and place on top of the marshmallow head.
- To create arms, cut a large jelly bean in half, use each half as an arm. Affix to body with a dab of Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating.
- Decorate with assorted candies and decorative icing.
- Optional: To create brooms, cut small piece of fruit rollup into fringes and wrap around a pretzel stick. Attach to witch with dab of CANDIQUIK® Coating.
- Optional: Cut a small piece of a fruit rollup into fringes to create hair. Attach with green candy coating.)