yield: approx. 40 cake pops
- 2 packages (16 oz) Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Candy Coating
- 1 box carrot cake mix (plus ingredients required for cake)
- 1/2 of a container (16 oz) cream cheese frosting
- Assorted decorating sprinkles: heart and triangle shaped
- Cake writing icing (white)
- Lollipop sticks
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly.
- Chill cake mixture for approximately 2 hours in the refrigerator (you can speed this up by placing in the freezer).
- Roll mixture into 1” sized balls; place on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball.
- Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Candy Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to the package directions.
- Dip cake pops in melted CANDIQUIK® Coating, allow excess coating to drip off and place on wax paper to set.
- Before coating is set, use a heart-shaped sprinkle as the nose and 2 triangular sprinkles as the ears. Once dry, draw on eyes and whiskers with cake writing icing.
TIP: If cake balls become too soft or do not hold their shape while being dipped, return to the refrigerator for an additional 20- 30 minutes.