- 2 packages (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
- 1 package (16 oz) Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
- 1 box cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
- 1/2 of a (16 oz) container vanilla frosting
- 8 waffle ice cream bowls
- 1 bag M&M’s® (or red candies)
- Assorted sprinkles
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly (it may be easier to use fingers to mix together).
- Chill for approximately 2 hours in the refrigerator (you can speed this up by placing in the freezer).
- Roll mixture into 1” sized balls; place on a wax paper covered baking sheet.
- Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK® in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to the directions on the package. Dip rim of waffle ice cream bowls in melted coating; set on wax paper to dry. Set chocolate coating aside.
- Melt Vanilla CANDIQUIK® according to the directions on the package.
- Dip cake balls in melted CANDIQUIK® and place inside waffle ice cream bowl. Place 5 coated cake balls in each waffle bowl, allowing a little coating to drip over the side. Sprinkle if desired.
- Once dry, re-melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK® and spoon a small amount on top of each pile of cake balls. Top with a red M&M® before chocolate coating has set.
TIP: If cake bites start to stick or get gooey when dipping, place the remaining cake bites in the refrigerator for an additional 20-30 minutes.