- 2 packages (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
- 4 oz Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Coating
- 1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients for cake mix)
- 1/2 of a (16 oz) container vanilla or cream cheese frosting
- Pink M&M®’s
- Whole peanuts
- Americolor® Gourmet Writer (black)
- 40 lollipop sticks
- Styrofoam block (to set cake pops in while drying)
- Yellow Nerds® candies (optional)
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix thoroughly (it may be easier to use fingers to mix together).
- Chill for approximately 2 hours in the refrigerator (you can speed this up by placing in the freezer).
- Roll mixture into 1” sized balls; place on a wax paper covered baking sheet.
- Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball and press two peanuts on the top of the cake pop as ears.
- Melt Vanilla CANDIQUIK® in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to the directions on the package.
- Dip cake pops in melted CANDIQUIK®, coating completely and allow excess coating to drip off; press a pink colored M&M® on the center of the cake pop as a nose; place in Styrofoam block to set. Optional: attach 2 Nerds® candies between ears as horns.
- Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK® according to the directions on the package.
- Use a toothpick dipped in Chocolate CANDIQUIK® to draw spots as desired. Add two dots for the eyes and nostrils with edible marker.
TIP: If cake bites start to stick or get gooey when dipping, place the remaining cake bites in the refrigerator for an additional 20-30 minutes.