- 2 packages (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Candy Coating
- 1 box carrot cake mix
(plus ingredients for cake mix)
- 1/2 of a (16 oz) container cream cheese frosting
- Orange Cake Writing Icing or CANDIQUIK (if dying, use oil or powder based colorings only)
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.
- Crumble cooled cake into a large bowl. Mix thoroughly with frosting (it may be easier to use fingers to mix together).
- Chill for approximately 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Roll mixture into 1" sized balls and place on wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Melt CANDIQUIK® Candy Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package.
- With a spoon, coat cake balls in melted CANDIQUIK® Candy Coating; set on wax paper.
- Decorate with orange cake writing icing or drizzle with orange colored CANDIQUIK (only use oil or powder based food color).
TIP: If cake bites become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place back in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.