- 1 package (16 oz) Chocolate
CANDIQUIK® Candy Coating
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups powdered sugar,
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- Mix the corn syrup, butter, vanilla and salt in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, a small amount at a time, mixing by hand after each addition. Stir until creamy.
- Remove about 1/3 of the sugar mixture and place in a small bowl. Add the yellow food coloring; mix well.
- Cover both mixtures and place in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Remove the yellow mixture from the freezer and roll into marble-sized balls and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Place back in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Wrap a small amount of the white filling around the yellow balls. Form into the shape of eggs and place on the lightly greased baking sheet. Repeat until done and return to the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Melt CANDIQUIK® in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to the package directions. With a spoon, coat creme eggs in CANDIQUIK® and place on wax paper to set.
TIP: If mixture gets too sticky or is not holding its shape, return to the freezer until very firm.