- 1 package (16 oz) Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Candy Coating
- 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup lite corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- Heat corn syrup in saucepan over medium heat until simmering, stirring frequently.
- In a medium bowl, mix heated corn syrup with shredded coconut, vanilla, and salt. This mixture will be thick and sticky.
- With hands, form 1 tablespoon of coconut mixture into a ball, packing firmly. Place on a wax paper lined baking sheet and repeat until all of the coconut mixture is gone. Chill coconut balls in the freezer for 20-30 minutes (mixture will be easier to dip in the Chocolate CANDIQUIK® when cold).
- Melt Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Candy Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to the directions on the package.
- Remove the coconut balls from the freezer.
- Use a spoon to dip the coconut ball into the Chocolate CANDIQUIK®; spoon chocolate over the rest of the coconut candy. Place coconut balls on a wax lined baking sheet to set.
- Garnish with shredded coconut before coating is set (optional).
TIP:If coconut balls become too soft or are not holding their shape while being dipped, place back in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.