Melting Instructions & Tips
- Microwave: Melt CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt & Make Microwave Tray™ for 1 minute. Stir well. Note: Product retains shape until stirred. If not completely melted, continue to microwave for 15 second intervals, stirring after each interval until smooth. If melting less than entire package, reduce microwave time accordingly.
- Oven: Preheat oven to 250°F, TURN OVEN OFF. Place CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt & Make Microwave Tray™ in oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove tray from oven and stir until smooth.
- Sauce Pan: Break CANDIQUIK® Coating into squares. Place in heavy sauce pan. Melt over LOW heat about 10 minutes, stirring often until smooth.
- Slow Cooker: Break CANDIQUIK® Coating into squares. Place in slow cooker on low heat, check after 15 minutes and stir often until smooth.
Tips & Tricks
- ALWAYS use dry utensils. Moisture will cause product to become hard or lumpy.
- STORE unopened packaging in a cool, dry place (55°-70°F). If opened, store in an air-tight container.
- REHEAT and reuse CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt & Make Microwave Tray™ multiple times.
- DO NOT overheat. Overheating will cause product to scortch or caramelize.
- DO NOT add water, milk, oil, margarine or butter to CANDIQUIK® Coating.
- DO NOT use water-based colorings or flavorings. CANDIQUIK® Coating may be colored or flavored using oil-based or powdered colorings or flavorings.
- If you experience the coating is thicker than normal (commonly caused by humidity), add a tablespoon of solid vegetable shortening to the melted coating.
Food Sensitivity and Allergens
- All CANDIQUIK® Coatings are gluten free.
- All CANDIQUIK® Coatings contain milk and soy.
- Some CANDIQUIK® items may be handled in facilities that process wheat, tree nuts, and eggs.
- Q: Can you use food coloring with CANDIQUIK®?
A: Yes, CANDIQUIK® may be colored using oil or powdered based food colorings only.
- Q: Can CANDIQUIK® be flavored?
A: Yes, CANDIQUIK® may be flavored using oil-based flavorings.
- Q: Can I use CANDIQUIK® in a chocolate fountain?
A: Yes; to use with fountains, add 2 tablespoons of solid vegetable shortening to each 16oz package of CANDIQUIK®, melt according to package directions and pour directly in pre-heated fountain. Do not add water, milk, oil, butter, or margarine.
Visit Miss CANDIQUIK® for step-by-step instructions on the newest recipes of the season. The witty banter is free.
Get an exclusive look into new recipes,
ideas, tips, and special contests delivered from our kitchen to your inbox.
© Log House Foods. All rights reserved